The following information is being sent to parents of students who attend school at Caney Creek High School, Moorhead Junior High, Grangerland Intermediate, San Jacinto Elementary, Milam Elementary, Creighton Elementary, and Austin Elementary .
Today from Free Montgomery County Public Records about a tenth grade female student who attends Caney Creek High School reported an incident to a CISD police officer assigned to the school. The student reported that at approximately 5-5:30 p.m. on Monday, November 23, the driver in a car asked for her name and offered her a ride home after she exited the school bus. She said no, he drove away, but approached her a second time and repeated his request. A male friend approached the girl and walked her home as the car drove away. The driver of the car has been reported to be a Hispanic male, slim build with a dark complexion, and approximately 18-20 years old. The man was driving a black four door vehicle with three chrome vents on the front fenders. This incident occurred in the Country West Subdivision. The CISD Police Department investigated the report and is sharing the information with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department.
We would like to remind parents to discuss safety with your children. Safety reminders to discuss with your child include:
- Don’t talk to strangers.
- Try to stay with a buddy.
- If someone attempts to grab you, scream, yell, run, or make noise to alert bystanders and report it to an adult immediately.
- Run to your house or a neighbor’s house that you know.
- If there is a police officer in the area, tell the officer what has happened.
- Immediately report an incident to the local law enforcement (911).
- If you see suspicious activity, try to observe and report license plate numbers, a description of the vehicle and person.
To report suspicious activity, contact both the Conroe ISD Police Department (936) 539-0507 and the local law enforcement agency. Follow this link so you can find more about County Monitor Website.