On 2/21/2009 at 06:27 hours, Firefighters from the Magnolia Fire Department were dispatched to a house fire at 7206 Lazy Summer Court, in Southwest Montgomery County. Upon arrival, Firefighters discovered a smoldering fire inside the home and were able to quickly extinguish the remaining fire. Firefighters searched the home and found the victim, who has been identified as 23 yr old Dusty Wayne Hutcherson. The home is the residence of the victim’s mother and he had been recently staying there. None of the other occupants were reported to be at home when the fire occurred.
Officers from the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office were joined at the scene by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department. Justice of the Peace Matt Masden also responded to the scene and pronounced the victim deceased. MCFMO Investigators have determined that the fire was incendiary in nature. The investigation into who set the fire and why is continuing.
An autopsy reveals that the victim suffered smoke inhalation due to the heavy smoke present in the home during the fire. Additional tests and analysis of evidence recovered by MCFMO Investigators will be conducted during the ongoing investigation.